“Love”, a word that instantly raises emotions on one side or another; bad or good. The moment you hear the word, “love”, do not you have people that mean the world to you personally come to mind? Don’t you have people come to mind that enable you to think, “I could never love this person”?
Let’s face it, some people are easy to love. My mother-in-law is just one of those people. She’s always loving towards me, helpful, provides excellent advice and I really like her son with all my heart. My mother is just another one – she is my mom and she instructed me to work hard and family is important. My husband, children and grandchildren, Aunts, Centurian Wildlife, Uncle and several friends all fit in my easy to appreciate listing.
Now, all of us have people in our lives which aren’t easy to love. A perplexing thing about love, in the sense of loving others, comes down to someone’s definition of love. For many people, when they think of “love”, it’s defined to include sexual relations. This definition has been part of our society since the start of time.
Wouldn’t it be fantastic for the word love to always evoke Truth in everybody’s mind and heart? Truth, that everybody is made by the God of this Universe and is made in His image.
– Love has to be sincere ~ how often do you tell somebody you love them because it’s whats expected? Sincere? Maybe.
~ Devotion? Honor others over yourself? Putting others first mechanically honors them. Sometimes I am very tired and would just like to sit and rest. An interruption almost always happens about the time I get comfortable. I have never been sorry when I have gotten up to assist one of my children, grandchildren, or a friend that had to speak.
And, that God wants to listen to their heartfelt prayers. He would like to listen to your love for Him and where you want His help in your lifetime. Pray with the individual to help them begin.
– Bless those who persecute you; bless and don’t curse. ~ People aren’t nice sometimes. We live in a fallen world; interval. Despite the fact that this is true, we’ve got a decision to make when folks behavior poorly towards us. What we are to do, the choice we’re to make is extremely apparent in this scripture. It is not about, “I have the right to be impolite since that person was rude to me.”
~ When we love people as the uniquely designed beings that they are, we discuss in their successes and their sorrows. We stand at their side whatsoever.
– Live in harmony with each other. ~ Certainly easier said than done if your mind and heart aren’t in the ideal place toward loving others and placing that love into action. You’re responsible for you doing what you can to live in harmony with other people.
It can happen so easily, a position or degree of authority makes us think more highly of ourselves than we ought to. There’s absolutely not any difficulty being proud of a marketing so long as you stay humble – recognizing that God has given you the abilities to do the work, and it has blessed you with the position. And, more than anything, that we’re all equal in His eyes. Welcome His children that aren’t part of your “audience”.
– Don’t be conceited. ~ Others will see your life as something aside from the fact of the Lord when your actions are prompted by conceit. This may cause someone to never need to know Christ. That would be a catastrophe.
– Don’t repay anyone evil for evil. ~ this might be among the toughest things we’re asked to perform in the bible. Consider the example of Christ’s death. Never has there been a situation for any people that even comes close in which a human should be able to repay evil for evil. But, we’re clearly told not to. There’s a ideal response for each situation on this earth. Choose what is appropriate.
– If it’s possible, as far as it depends upon you, live at peace with everybody. ~ Although some people do not make living in peace simple, bear in mind this scripture says; “as far as it depends upon you. You don’t have to answer for any other person, but you do need to answer for you. Stay at a place where you choose peace, regardless of what the other persons chooses.
How often have you been there and how many times has that worked out really and really well for you? God is love and he made us to be love. Revenge isn’t love. That’s the reason only the Creator of all are the one to avenge those who have done us wrong. He does not need this in our character.
~ How much more can you show love than by fulfilling the requirements of another human being – particularly one who has functioned to be your enemy. It does not matter what they do with your offerings. You have to do your part with a pure heart inspired by love. Otherwise, there isn’t any point in any respect.
– Repaying someone who has hurt you by you damaging them, only deepens the wounds and lengthens the chances for resolution; maybe indefinitely.
Loving others will certainly be a challenge sometimes. Bear in mind, that you have a choice in the way you find the challenge and how you cope with this. You will grow considerably in your walk with the Lord and you maturity as a real person.